MCPS BYOD Policy
MCPS is committed to aiding students and staff in creating a 21st century learning environment. This upcoming school year, we will pilot a new policy which will aid in this goal. Students and staff will now be able to access our wireless network with their personal devices (laptops, netbooks, tablets, smart phones, etc) during the school day.
With classroom teacher approval, students may use their own devices to access the internet and collaborate with other students. Many schools across the nation are implementing Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies for their students and staff. By allowing students to use their own technology on campus, we are hoping to increase the access all students have to the technology they need to succeed. Check back for updates made to the group and for excellent resources to use in your classroom as we embark on this new 21st century initiative!
Teaching in a BYOD Classroom
The Time for Mobile is Now
Ideas for using cell phones in your classroom.
- Text the Mob – Use Cell Phones to Collect Feedback
- Cell Phones In My Civics Class = Parent Involvement
- QR Code Treasure Hunt Generator
- Augmented Reality in Plain English
- Create Augmented Reality Layers Without Coding
- Google Mobile – Services for Web Search, Blogging, and More
- Create an Android App – Android App Inventor
You might also like: