Bluestone High School
SOL Testing Information for Students
- Hand sanitizer is placed in specific and selected high-traffic areas, and testing locations
- COVID-19 signage is posted throughout the building
- Testing areas, including desks, will be disinfected prior to and after testing
- Restrooms will be disinfected prior to and after use
- All students and faculty/staff will wear a properly fitting face covering at all times
- All students and faculty/staff will socially distance at all times
- All faculty/staff and students will complete the COVID-19 screening assessment upon entry into the building
- School Nurse, Mrs. Mayhew, will be present each day of testing to assist as needed
- Desks within testing locations have been and will remain spaced at least six feet apart.
- The building will be open to students at 8 A.M. Students should report no later than 8:30 A.M.
- Students will be permitted into the building in small groups, e.g. by bus, by school administration.
- Upon entry into the building, students will complete the COVID-19 screening assessment as administered by Nurse Mayhew
- Following the assessment, students will be expected to use hand sanitizer and visit the restroom to wash their hands.
- Afterwards, students will report directly to their testing location as directed by BHS School Testing Coordinator, Mrs. Weddle. Upon entry into the testing room, students should place their MCPS Chromebook on their desk and other personal belongings at a designated area as determined by the examiner and/or proctor.
- No cell phones or electronic devices (other than the student’s MCPS Chromebook) are allowed in the testing location.
- Chromebooks should be fully charged each night before students arrive to take their test.
- Students will need to bring Chromebook chargers with them to school to have at the testing site if needed.
- Breakfast will be delivered to students in the testing locations via staff on carts.
- Lunch will be available to all students.
- Student drivers and car riders may leave upon individual completion of their test. These students may call home for permission and/or to request someone to pick them up. BHS sign out procedures must be followed.
- Bus riders will remain at school until the end of the school day. Classrooms and/or student groups will be called individually to report to the buses.
If a student becomes ill while testing:
- The examiner and/or proctor will notify the hallway monitor to contact Nurse Mayhew. Nurse Mayhew will report to the situation, and follow all MCPS safety procedures and protocols.