Pre-K, Head Start, and Kindergarten will take place on March 9 at each Elementary school. Parents must register in the attendance zone where they have permanent residency.
Monday ~ March 9, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Items to Bring:
PreK, Head Start, and K Need to Bring:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency (2 forms)
- Driver License
- Proof of Income (Pre-K & Head Start Only)
(2018 W-2, 1040 Tax form, 6 most recent pay stubs, current TANF or SSI statement, current SNAP benefits letter with monthly income)
Please come and register even if you do not currently have all of the above items. Proof of residency and income are required to determine eligibility. The immunization record is due by the time your child starts school in the fall. Please bring your child if you are registering for Pre-K. A screening may be conducted during the registration, if time permits. Please register your child in his/her attendance zone and bring Proof of Residency)
- Pre-K students must be four (4) years old “on or before” September 30th.
- Kindergarten students must be five (5) “on or before” September 30th.
- Head Start students must be three (3) years old up to Kindergarten age. The program is free of charge to qualifying families.
If you are requesting to attend out of your attendance zone, proper paperwork must be completed and turned in when you register your student. This only applies to Kindergarten students. Forms may be found here: https://mcpsweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Out-of-Zone-Form-JCa-11-28-17.pdf