Welcome to the Mecklenburg County Public Schools website. Our school division is actively engaged in a revolutionary shift of emphasis from a focus on preparing students to pass Virginia’s SOL tests to a focus on preparing students for success with the careers of the 21st Century. Take a look at our new COMPASS logo (Committed to Our Mission, Preparing All Students for Success.) Some components of this new emphasis are:
- Teachers, Administrators, Counselors, Bus Drivers, Cafeteria staff, and Maintenance staff that care deeply about the success of each student
- Development of a comprehensive career literacy program that engages students K – 12.
- The development of six career centers within which students can build a strong foundation for their choice of jobs within the 16 Career Clusters. These career centers are:
- The Advanced Technology Center
- The STEM Center
- The Environmental Science Center
- The Health and Human Services Center
- The Law and Leadership Center
- The International Business and Culture Center
- Strong partnerships with local business that provide specific career guidance, job shadowing, and even apprenticeship options
- The MARi Personal Learning Platform, a career GPS system upon which students build their life-long learning plan
- Strong partnerships with local Community Colleges, Higher Education Centers, and Universities that provide seamless transition for attainment of higher levels of critical industry credentials.
- Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment classes that prepare students with a strong foundation for success with college, jobs, or military.
We are very excited to be in the process of building a new comprehensive Middle School and a new comprehensive High School designed specifically to meet the demands of this new education focus. Our goal is that this new facility will open in August for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
Keep an eye on this website and our social media outlets for updates on progress in each of these areas. We publish on the web, Facebook, and Twitter. Watch for #TeamMCPS.
Mr. Paul Nichols